Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No Catchy Titles Here

It always amazes me how much a move takes out of you. I've slept over 8 hours a night for the past week or so but I still can't seem to get energy in me. Generally, for me, after a move it takes a couple weeks, and a little more settling in, for me to regain some normalcy back into my life. 

At this point, however, the garage is still cluttered, we still have a lot of stuff in a storage unit across the county (because we were planning on living nearer to it than we ended up) and I haven't even begun to think about hanging pictures. There are speaker wires dangling in front of our entertainment center, we need to drill holes in some shelves to maximize the usability of them, and the only food I've eaten on a regular basis for the past 2 to 3 weeks is fast food. It's getting awful, if I'm being honest.

But, on a lighter note, I love being home. I feel like I'm home. I don't feel like I'm waiting on anyone anymore, if that makes sense. Renting homes for the past 9 years has really made me appreciate being here, now, in my own home.

I've got a video tour of my house on my camcorder but I can't get my computer to connect to the internet and I don't have the editing software on my husbands computer so I have to figure that out before I can post the video anywhere. I haven't yet taken photos because I feel like my house is too messy (but I guess I didn't think it was too messy for the video tour) to take pictures. 

I have to end this post here because I'm a half hour late on giving my dog his insulin! Until later!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, congrats on your new home.

    Relax. Deep breaths.

    Take your time and put things where you want them.

    I hate moving also, but I have done it 75 times or so in 10 years. Such is life as a traveler.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the vid tour of the house when you guys get settles in.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete