Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thoughts On Being A Person

I friend of mine posted something on Facebook along the lines of "thoughts on being a woman" and I feel like some things were left out in the whole scheme of things. Here's the original.

(I cannot, not even in a Google search, find the original of this. I am so sorry and I will take this down if  necessary.)
Here are my thoughts. I guess they're not necessarily all about being a woman but here they are anyway.

- Just because you have a uterus doesn't mean it has to be full. (This stems from my annoyance at people for always pestering about having kids when I don't want them.)
- Just because they're blood relatives does NOT mean you have to love, or even talk to, them.
- Going to bed angry isn't as bad as it sounds. (I've gone to be angry more times than I can count and I'm still married to the man I want to be with forever.)
- LET IT GO. If it's not worth losing someone over, let it go. Take whatever time you need to get over it but then just let it go.
- Don't be afraid to burn bridges.
- Stop trying to fill "holes in your life" just because someone else sees them.
- Quit pretending.
- If people aren't OK with you the way you are they're not worth keeping in your life.
- Everyone poops, and farts, and burps, and spits, and the sooner you accept that the better of you'll be. Plus you won't be so backed up all the time.
- Love yourself no matter your size, your professional status, your marital status, in spite of all your issues, and because you are who you are.

I think Dr. Suess said it best.



No comments:

Post a Comment