Friday, June 22, 2012

Our Story (Pt 5 of 5)

I’m pretty sure you’re sick of me by now, and if you’re not, there’s something wrong with you. I titled this one coming home because, in every sense of the word, I was home when I am with TJ. I'm a sap, I know.



A month after we moved to Reno TJ convinced me that it was high time I called my mother. I hadn’t talked to her since before I left with him to move to Reno.

When I finally got up the courage to call her we only talked for an hour or so. We talked about where I was living, who I was with, what he was like, and when I was coming back home. She didn’t understand that truly didn’t want to be at home anymore. Somehow she didn’t see the emotional and mental abuse that my step dad was putting me through. I finally explained to her that I wasn’t coming back home to stay but we weren’t against coming to visit. She wasn’t happy but didn’t oppose my plan for us to come see her in mid April.

When we finally went to visit my family TJ wanted to shock them out of their pants. He made it a point to dress in a wife beater and torn up shorts with a gun on one hip and a knife on the other. My parents claim it didn’t shock them but the second they saw him their blank stares told a completely different story. Mom pulled me aside and warned me that what I was doing wasn’t what I should be doing. I didn’t have the courage to explain to her that I couldn’t take living at home and just told her that I was a big girl and I could take care of myself.

We had plans to stay in Utah for a week or so but those plans were shattered when my little brother got hit by a car during our visit. We immediately went back to Reno, packed up the necessities, and returned to Utah to help my parents with my 3 other brothers while they were in the hospital with my little brother. Our week visit turned into a month stay. We had planned to find a house in UT while we were there but I couldn’t convince TJ that living in UT was better than living in Reno. I’m not sure if I really wanted to convince him though, I didn’t want to be there either. 

When my brother finally got out of the hospital we moved to Redding, where TJ was living when we met.  This is where to story starts getting boring. We lived in Redding for a year and a half, moved back to Utah after that, and have been living in the same general area since late 2004. In 2009 we finally got married and I've never regretted my decisions. I love this man with all my heart. He's the biggest pain in my butt and I think that's what makes me love him even more.

Well, that’s our story. I know, it’s long, it’s drawn out, and I probably could have just said we met online, met up in Vegas, moved in together, and have been together ever since. That wouldn’t be nearly as fun as the story I’ve just told you though right? Oh, you didn’t have fun? I did and that’s all that matters. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Your story was interesting, nothing boring about it at all:)

    ReplyDelete