Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Amazing Week

What an amazing 7 days it's been.

Last week, May 28th, The Boy left for Boot Camp in San Diego. I can't tell you how excited I was to have this house back. I didn't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night, and wandering out to the kitchen to get water, and putting clothes on. I don't have to lock the pantry, the fridge, or the deep freeze anymore. I don't have to deal with the public school system, unless I accept the job I was offered by my old drama teacher, anymore. I no longer have oodles of stress. It feels just amazing.

Yesterday, June 4th, was TJ's birthday. We celebrated by buying a boat. Yep, a boat. This boat to be exact.


This is a 22 foot Monterey Sport boat. The best thing about it is that it's completely paid off. We paid cash for this baby. We took it out for a test "drive" and fell completely in love with it. We've gotten it all registered, we currently hold the title to the boat but are waiting on the title for the trailer, and my husband is down at the insurance agent adding it onto our policy as I type this.

My brother, although sad as it may be that he's not able to afford to go away to school, is going to be able to watch our dogs more this summer. This means that we're going to be able to enjoy this boat as much as we want as often as we want. Of course we'll take him, and our dogs, out on in once in a while but not every time.

We're going to look at a house today. It seems quite promising. Over 3000 sq ft on over .5 acres for only $249K. I have to say, ever since the boy left, everything has been falling into place. I cannot wait to see this house and am praying that it's the one for us. Cross your fingers for us.

That's what my week has been like. How has yours been?

No comments:

Post a Comment