Friday, June 15, 2012

Lake Powell

This past week (Wednesday 6/13) my husband and I took our first trip to Lake Powell. I've lived 2 hours away my entire life and have never been. Of course, in my defense, I've never had a reason to go. When I was younger our family didn't travel much due to our lack of funds. Then, when I became an adult, I didn't have the funds either. Well, now, my husband and I not only have the funds we have a boat.

I was so excited to finally visit this amazing place. I'd heard so much about it's beauty and how vast it was. I didn't quite believe it, even after looking at the map, until we finally got out on the lake. We spent 6+ hours on the water and didn't see the same place twice. We didn't quite go all the places I wanted to go, like Rainbow Bridge, but we saw some amazing vistas. So onto the photos.

Cruising over to the Glen Canyon Dam
The Glen Canyon Dam
Our neighbor, and his kids, riding to the Dam next to us.
Can you find the face in the rocks?

Cruising around Antelope Island.
Lone Rock
Our neighbors daughter being a dork in the water.
Even though we only got to explore a small part of Lake Powell I had so much fun. Being out on the lake, in our own boat, was like living a dream. I cannot wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. That place looks amazing! I'm glad you finally got to go :)

    And I actually saw a few faces in the rock lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took my husband nearly 30 minutes to see the face that I saw in the rocks. I even pointed it out to him.

      I'm really glad we got to go as well, it was such a blast.

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it looks beautiful and it looks like you really enjoyed yourself :)

    ReplyDelete