Saturday, May 19, 2012

I've Hit A Wall

Do you ever notice that bloggers who have kids have an endless supply of what to talk about? No I'm not going to have kids just so I can blog more but I feel like I need to add substance to my life. Here's what's standing in my way right now.


 - On May 22nd The Boy, and one of my brothers, graduates from High School.
 - On May 20th The Boy has Seminary graduation at the local church.
 - On May 21st The Boy has graduation practice.
 - On May 27th, or 28th, The Boy leaves for Boot Camp. (Hallelujah)
 - On June 4th my husband receives his first (well first to us) lump sum payment from his annuity. This is what is allowing us to buy a house right now.
 - On June 4th my husband turns 35.
 - We're currently hunting for a house throughout the state. We're not having much luck in the Southern portion but can't figure out how to get to the Northern portion without living there. It's hard trying to buy where you're not currently living when you don't have unlimited funds, or unlimited time, to visit said area.
 - I'm packing. Enough said.
 - We're moving all unnecessary items to a storage unit.
 - I'm stressed and for numerous reasons.
          - House hunting is harder, and more emotional, than I thought.
          - I'm not sure if we have enough boxes to put all our crap in. Trivial but it's still plaguing me.
          - We still have finish work to do in this house. It's not happening and I'm worried.
          - What if we don't find a house in time and have to pay another months rent? I don't want to do that but I also don't want to be homeless.
 - We've paid our rent through the end of July, or August, and, at this point, that's not seeming like enough time.
 - We attempted to contact a builder in Northern Utah and it didn't go very well. They told us they would email more information and they never did. I guess that's one to X off the list of possibilities.
 - People in this area want custom home prices for base model homes. I'm not paying that.
 - Did I mention I'm stressed?
 - My Min Pin still has diabetes and it's not getting any easier, especially with all that's going on, to manage it.
 - My other dog is getting old and starting to grow lumps (which are fatty lumps, we've had the checked out) all over her body. I don't want to lose her. Not when she's a main stress reducer in my life.
 - I'm losing a lot of sleep over "what-ifs" and it's really getting to me.
 - I'm sure this is too much information but Aunt Flow showed up yesterday and boy howdy did she come in with a bang. I guess that's a good thing though considering I don't want kids.

Can I just say it felt really good to put that all down. Although, I'm sure, if I go back through and look at all that crap I'm going to freak out.

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered buying land and throwing a modular home on it? Not a trailer, not a double wide, but a pre-slab home. Just mentioning that because you can subtract things you don't like and add things you do like about the home that is within the companies catalog. That way, you get more of what you want and less of what you don't. Just a suggestion. This is what Cameron and I are going to end up doing because I am too picky. I want spacious, roomy, glamour, and comfort. Something I can't find that is already built for a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've considered it but land down here is going for top dollar, for some odd reason, and I'm not willing to pay top dollar in this market. We're looking into all our options. The pre-slab home being one of them. I've seen some nice modular homes!!

      Delete