Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm A Pessimist

Header credit goes to Ashley @ After Nine To Five 
This may not seem as big as the other secrets I've shared but it's still something not a lot of people know about me.  I don't get my hopes up when it comes to, well, anything.

 - I don't expect anything from people because I've bet let down far too many times in my life.
 - My glass is always half empty.
 - If I'm going into something blind I ALWAYS see the worst outcome so that if something better happens I'm not let down.
 - When someone disappoints me it's not like I didn't already see it coming.
 - I'm always apologizing to people because I feel like I've let them down.  I don't know how many times people have said that they don't know what I'm apologizing for.
 - There are times when I don't expect much out of myself either.  It's a horrible trait to have but I have it.

There isn't much to go into when it comes to being a pessimist.  I've always hoped that maybe one day I'd be able to see my glass as half full but then someone might tip it over and then it would be completely empty.

(I think I'm going to end my Secret Week here.  I do have other secrets but, even though it may not seem so, they're darker than the secrets I've already shared.  I'm not yet willing to open up about everything but it's felt incredibly good to open up about these things.)

2 comments:

  1. You have shared much about your life this week. More than I would have myself, but that is because I could probably be in denial still or that I don't want my family to know any of it or both. I wish I could do what you have done just to get it off my chest. Maybe one day I will but do it anonymously. I couldn't imagine you having darker secrets than what you have shared. Then again I am not you and I wouldn't know. I commend you for opening up about yourself though. I am sure it was hard.

    Keep up the great work with your blog. It's all enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secrets I have that I'm still keeping, and probably will keep to the grave, are secrets that I'm not even sure about. I have horrible dreams and I wake up in a panic but I'm not sure if it's just a dream or if it's something that happened and I've just suppressed it.

    Thanks for stopping by this week. It's been really interesting to finally get some of this out. I know it's not "omg that's a shocker" kind of thing but they're secrets just the same. (Well, not anymore)

    ReplyDelete