Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blog Positivity Week (Catching Up)

I'm a huge fan of Ashley of After Nine To Five.  She comes up with some of the most amazing weekly blog ideas.  That whole secret week thing I participated in?  Yea, that was her idea.  It might seem a little daunting to some of you, and it was for me at first, but it was fantastic.  This week she's come up with another great idea.  Blog positivity week.

In her words, blog positivity week is "One week dedicated to reminding us all that the blogging community is an awesome thing to be able to be a part of."  What a fantastic idea.

Blog positivity week started yesterday and I didn't notice the link up until last night.  So, as of now, I've missed 2 posts.  This is my make up post for yesterday and today.

Credit to Ashley of After Nine To Five

Why are you here?

That's an interesting question.  OK, so this is in relation to why you blog and not the meaning of life but still, it's an interesting question.

I started blogging in 2004 when my Grandpa had a stroke.  My husband, as supportive and loving as he was (and is), just couldn't seem to help enough.  I had to get my thoughts out.  The only way I used to be able to do that was to write poetry.  I wrote a little poem for my grandpa (it wasn't anything spectacular) and wanted to find a place to host it online so that I would always have record of it.  I'm really bad at keeping track of things, especially paper.  I stumbled upon liveJournal, even though I was searching for a poetry site, and it really intrigued me.  I can't tell you the name of my first blog because I honestly don't remember but this is what that blog has evolved into today.  A place for me to share thoughts, link up with other fantastic bloggers, and to talk about the things I love.

Why do I have two blogs?

Easy, well, kinda.  Ever since I stumbled onto the blogosphere, and the million different blogs there are out there, I've realized that you don't just have to blog about your personal life.  Holy cow, that's cool.  Sharing my opinions about my life, and my husband's life, have always been fun.  I, however, thought I could contribute in a bigger way.  This is where This Girl Does It All came in.  

Last year (2011) I took a couple months off from blogging.  It had been a stressful year and I needed a break from worrying about posting.  I also got to the point that I wasn't sure I wanted to blog anymore.  After taking some time I realized that, and this is going to sound stupid, that I couldn't live without blogging.  Yea, I know, I'm a sap.  I enjoy putting words down in any format and wanted to keep it up.  I also, however, wanted to share my thoughts in a different way. 

I'm quite addicted to reading but thought that since I read far slower than most it would take me a while to put a review up.  I brushed off the insecurities and figured I'd go for it anyway.  Then I wondered what it would be like to be a beauty blogger.  Well, I don't apply makeup on camera so who would want to read my thoughts on a product.  Again, I brushed it off and thought I'd go for it anyway.  Then I got to thinking about what else I could share my thoughts on.  I'm a crafter (scrapbooking, card making, crochet) who loves to share what I've done.  

To make a long story short, even though it's already long, I wanted to share with everyone my thoughts on a lot of things.  It took me a while to come up with the title of my blog but I feel it's quite fitting.  So, if you'd like to check out my other blog you can click the photo below or the link a couple paragraphs back.  I'm not asking you to follow me but if you'd like to, check it out.



The people I've met
You'd never know it, since I did drama in high school, but if you were to meet me in real life, and I wasn't you're old high school friend, I'd be the one with my arms folded over my chest, avoiding eye contact, with nothing much to say but a quick response to what you might be saying.  This has nothing to do with you I just have a hard time opening up to new people.  That's me in real life.  I'm not saying I won't talk to you but I'm, more than likely, not going to have much to say.  Through some miracle of the blog world, and the vlog world, I open up.  I'm more apt to say the things that I'm afraid to say in person.  I talk about things that I'd never dare to speak of to you face to face.  I'm craaaaaazy!

So to every person that's ever commented on any of my posts, thank you for helping me open up.  To any of you lurking without a single comment, thank you for taking the time to see what I have to say.  Too all of you amazing bloggers that I follow, writing the blogs that I can't wait to read every day, thank for giving me that boost I've always need to keep talking about things that I fail to talk about in my personal life, with real people.

I can't explain much, past that, how amazed I am with the friends I've made in my computer.  (Until I meet every single one of you, you all live in my computer.) Thank you to each and every one of you for inspiring me to keep doing what I'm doing.

So, that's day one and two of blog positivity week.  If you'd like to participate please click on the first photo in this post and talk with Ashley.  She's one of those fantastic people that I've been rambling on and on about.  No really, she is.  OK, this post is really long but ....

I'M DONE NOW I PROMISE!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all of your sweet words! I'm so happy I've gotten to know a bit more about you (and your blog) through this week and last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley
      First I want to say sorry for not responding sooner. It's been hectic around here. Second, I want to say a huge thank you. Not that you weren't before but, lately you've been a huge inspiration to me. Everything you do, you do with extreme passion and vigilance. It probably doesn't seem that way to you but I'm sure everyone else who's ever been touched by something you've done will say the same thing. Thank you for helping me pull out of my shell during secret week. It was so freeing, and oddly comforting. I wish I could have kept up better with blog positivity week though. Lack of sleep and a disgruntled 17 yr old will do that to you. I'll be keeping a watchful eye on what you do next. I'm up for participating in whatever you've got coming.

      Delete