Monday, February 27, 2012

Secret Week

There's a blogger, or should say a blogger and a blog, I've been silently stalking for a long time.  I always hesitate to post comments on her blog because I feel like, well, I'm not sure what I feel like.  Do you ever feel that someone is doing something so much better than you and you wish you could be in their shoes?  Yea, that's Ashley, and her blog, in a nutshell.  Her blog intimidates, and inspires, me.  She's a really inspirational woman who runs her own business and is quite successful.  Those are the shoes I want to be in.  She's always doing fun and amazing things that I'm always interested in participating in, but never do, but this one in particular caught my eye.


To you something like this might not seem exciting, at all, but it's something I have a hard time doing when it comes to blogging.  It was one of the main reasons I stopped blogging for a while.  I didn't think I could be honest when blogging because I thought others would shun me.  Well, I figure, if others are going to be doing the same thing, and baring their souls, why can't I?  It's about time, right?

But Alicia, you promised that your blog would be all happy and snuggle-y bunnies when re started it this year?  Yea, I know I did, but I can't pass up an opportunity to get some things off my chest even if they happen to negatively impact my readership.  After all, if I'm not blogging for me then who am I blogging for?  Maybe this is the real chance I needed to open up and be honest with myself about things I may think I'm trying to hide from people who choose to read my blog.  I'm not saying people who read my blog MUST know these things but sometimes it's easier to understand where a person is coming from when you know their secrets.  I don't know how else to explain why I'm excited, and a little nervous, about this challenge.

If you want to participate, and I think it's healthy for everyone reveal some secrets, you can check out Ashley over at After Nine To Five.  Follow her blog, if you don't already, and I promise you won't regret it. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment