Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's Almost Time

When I met my husband back in 2003 I found out, after finding out he lost his leg when he was younger, that he received an annuity every month plus a lump sum every 5 years.  His annuity is enough that the neither of us have to work, and we live quite, well extremely, comfortably.  Well 2012 is our year.  This is the year we're finally going to be able to buy a house since his first lump sum is coming in.  (Well, technically, second but that's a long story that I don't care to get into right now)

(SOURCE)
(That's probably what I would look like doing a happy dance so I found it fitting to insert that into this post)

Yesterday this realization finally hit home.  TJ called a mortgage broker, we found out our credit scores, what our interest rate would be, and what kind of loan we could expect to get.  Well, it's all good news.  After finding out my 3 scores (which range from 741 - 780) and his scores (which range from 680 - 720) our interest rate would be nearest to 4% and we qualify for, and beyond, the house we're extremely interested in. 

(SOURCE)
One problem, and one problem only, we have to wait until June to be able to put the money down that's required.  I'm, well we're, really hoping that this house (which is a short sale by the way) stays on the market until then.  Obviously there are more houses but this one seems perfect.  We're not looking for a perfect house because we plan to renovate but this house has the space, the location, and the right price.  


The basement is completely unfinished, which is a bonus in our opinion.  It's got a garages upstairs AND downstairs, which works for my husband.  It's on over .5 acres, which is perfect for our animals, and it's livable, which is perfect for everyone.  So, if you're reading this, cross your fingers for me and my husband that this house doesn't go before we even get a chance to look at it.  If it's meant to happen, it will.  If not, we'll find something else.  Either way, we get to stop being renters this year and finally own or very own home.

I'M SO EXCITED!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! That house looks amazing. I hope you get it. But if not then an even better more awesome house will find it's way to you :)

    ReplyDelete